Here is where you'll find musings about various tips & tricks our developers have used to make their lives easier.
posted Jun 14th 2011
If you ever want to remove your application from Apple's App Store, it's a little trickier then just clicking "Remove App From Sale." The process is as follows:
- Log into iTunes Connect
- Click Manage your Applications
- Click the application you want to remove
- Click "Rights and Pricing"
- At the bottom, click on "specific stores"
- Click "deselect all" to unselect every region
- Click Save.
I suppose Apple does this so that you don't accidentally delete your app with one button. It reminds me of the time a Wikipedia Admin was told you couldn't delete the Main Page... so he tried... and it worked. Of course, on Wikipedia there's no week-long approval process to get a page back online, so it wasn't a big deal.